Cow & Gate Instant Carobel is a prescribed thickener for feeds, which can be used in the management of rumination and habitual and recurrent vomiting. It comes as a powder that can be mixed with water or milk to create a paste-like substance. You might have heard about it by its old name: carobe, but we now know that cow’s milk protein intolerance is actually more common than many people think!
If you’re looking for an Instant Carobe that is easy to administer and helps keep your little one feeling comfortable, Cow & Gate Instant Carobel might be the right choice for you. Remember to always speak with a healthcare professional before making any changes to your baby’s diet.
The quantities listed here are intended solely as a reference; they can easily be changed to match specific needs. Cow & Gate Instant Carobel thickens cold liquids and warms them in the hand.
This procedure should be used with breastfed infants, and possibly with bottle-fed newborns as well. Using a thick gel, prepare a little amount of the gel and feed it to the infant with a spoon before and during the infant milk feed.
Using 3 level scoops of Cow & Gate Instant Carobel in 60ml (2fl oz) of warm, previously boiled water will produce a thicker gel than using 2 scoops. Stir thoroughly and set aside for 3-4 minutes to thicken. Continue to stir and feed immediately.
1 percent concentration can be achieved by adding 1/2 scoop of Cow & Gate Instant Carobel to 90ml (3 oz) of water to make a thin bottle feed. To make a thicker bottle feed, mix 1 scoop of Cow & Gate Instant Carobel with 60ml (2fl oz) of water, which results in a 3 percent concentration of the product. Shake thoroughly and set aside for 3-4 minutes to thicken. Shake the feed once more and feed it immediately.
Cow & Gate Instant Carobel will continue to thicken for 10-15 minutes after it has been spoonfed or bottle-fed to an infant or toddler. Adding one scoop at a time and shaking after each addition, while waiting 3-4 minutes after each addition, will result in a thicker feed when the ideal consistency is reached.
NB: When feeding a thickened bottlefeed, a larger hole will be required in the teat than usual. Alternative teats include those that have a variable flow rate (split flow rate).
If you’re concerned that your baby may have a milk protein allergy, there are some signs and symptoms to look out for. These can include:
- Excessive crying or fussiness
- Vomiting, especially after eating dairy products
- Rash or hives
– Trouble breathing If you suspect that your child has a milk protein allergy, it’s important to speak with your doctor as soon as possible. They will likely perform a blood test or skin prick test to confirm the diagnosis and help you create a treatment plan. In most cases, cow’s milk protein intolerance can be managed by eliminating dairy from the diet altogether.
However, in some cases, supplementation with Instant Carobe like Cow & Gate Instant Carobel may also be necessary. Remember that every baby is different, so it’s important to work with your doctor to create a plan that works best for your child.
Cow & Gate Instant Carobel is a tasty and versatile food that’s appropriate for your child from 6 months old. It’s a great choice if you’re searching for an easy-to-give carob meal to keep your baby feeling comfortable!
– Instant Carobel is a thickener that can be used in the management of rumination and habitual and recurrent vomiting.
– It comes as a powder that can be mixed with water or milk to create a paste-like substance.
– The old name for this product was carobe. But we now know that cow’s milk protein intolerance is actually more common than many people think!
– Remember to always speak with a healthcare professional before making any changes to your baby’s diet.
– If you suspect that your baby has a milk protein allergy, consult with your pediatrician about using Instant Carobel as a thickener in their feeds.
– Instant Carobel is an easy-to-use formula that can help manage symptoms associated with milk protein allergies in kids.
– The pros of this product include its ease of use and how it can help reduce vomiting and rumination episodes in babies who are intolerant to cow’s milk.
– Some potential cons of Instant Carobel include. Its taste and the fact that it can’t be used with an infant who is younger than four weeks of age.
– Instant Carobe helps keep your baby feeling comfortable by alleviating symptoms associated with milk protein intolerance, such as vomiting or rumination episodes.
– Pros of this product are that you can mix Instant Carobel into feeds. Easily and that it reduces both vomiting and rumination in babies who have a cow’s milk allergy.
1. It is safe for full-term babies, children, and adults to use Cow & Gate Instant Carobel. Premature or low-birth-weight infants should not use. Cow & Gate Instant Carobel due to a lack of data to support its use.
2. Secondly, thickened feeds are rarely effective for treating obstructive lesions such as pyloric stenosis or gastroenteritis.
3. For infants who are galactosaemic, it is important to monitor the red cell galactose-1-phosphate concentration.
4. A small percentage of infants who use the products may experience bowel movements that are frequently loose. Remove the product from the diet until the stools return to normal in this circumstance. It’s best to start slowly and gradually increase the amount of Cow & Gate Instant Carobel that you use.
6. In order to thicken Cow & Gate Instant Carobel, it takes around 3-4 minutes. After this time, you should only add more Cow & Gate Instant Carobel to avoid making the feed too thick.